The Splashpad is closed for the 2016 Season.
Flip-flops, sandals or water shoes are required on the Splashpad at all times.
Admission to The Dinosaur Place, outdoor adventure park, gives you access to New England’s largest Splashpad®!* One of Mystic County’s premier attractions for adults and children alike, this zero-depth water playground offers a dynamic, exciting and safe environment for every member of your family. Complete with a separate younger children’s play area perfectly suited for infants to toddlers, and over 30 dinosaur-themed features including dinosaur water cannons and dumping buckets older children and adults just love!
Features range from a Dinosaur “ribcage” waterfall to dueling Tyrannosaurus Rex– and Velociraptor-headed water cannons. Children (and their grown-ups) can hide from a spitting Stegosaurus or tip-toe through the Triceratops loop. Stepping on sensors embedded in the ground will cause the “flying” Pteranodon to rise from its perch and SO MUCH MORE! Make sure to visit the Splashpad® in addition to all the other children’s outdoor attractions at Nature’s Art Village!
For your convenience there is seating available surrounding the Splashpad® and changing rooms located right on site.
Splashpad® is open daily during the summer* 10:30am-5:00pm weather permitting, and included in the Outdoor Adventure admission.
*See Hours Page for full details. Nature’s Art Village may close the Splashpad without warning due to weather.
Splashpad® Safety Rules
The following information will help ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.
- Children must be attended by an adult at all times
- Slip-resistant or water shoes are mandatory at all times for all guests in the Splashpad® area
- Toddlers playing in the Splashpad® must wear swim diapers. No regular diapers are permitted
- Please walk at all times – NO running
- Strollers are not permitted in the Splashpad®, but there is stroller parking close by
- Food and/or glass containers are restricted to picnic areas
- Beach/water toys are not permitted in the Splashpad®
- Climbing on equipment is not allowed
- No horseplay
- No smoking allowed in the park
- Patrons exhibiting inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave
- Management reserves the right to limit entry if the facility is at its reasonable capacity
- In the event of threatening weather, the Splashpad® will be closed