For even more summer children’s outdoor activities in Mystic County, bring your sunscreen and flip-flops to get wet and cool off in New England’s largest Splashpad®! This zero-depth children’s water playground offers a dynamic, exciting and safe environment for every member of your family. Complete with a separate children’s play area perfectly suited for younger guests, and over 30 dinosaur-themed features the fun will never end. And best of all, the Splashpad® is FREE with admission to the Outdoor Adventure!
Features range from a Dinosaur “ribcage” waterfall to dueling Tyrannosaurus Rex- and Velociraptor-headed water cannons. Children (and their grown-ups) can hide from a spitting Stegosaurus or tip-toe through the Triceratops loop. Stepping on sensors embedded in the ground will cause the “flying” Pterandodon to rise from its perch and SO MUCH MORE! Make sure to visit the Splashpad® in addition to all the other children’s outdoor activities we offer!
For your convenience there are changing rooms and restrooms located right on site at the Splashpad®.
Splashpad® is open daily, May 24-September 1, 2014, 10:30-5:00 weather permitting, and included in the Outdoor Adventure admission.
Splashpad® Safety Rules
The following information will help ensure a safe and enjoyable visit.
- Children must be attended by an adult at all times
- Slip-resistant or water shoes are mandatory at all times for all guests in the Splashpad® area
- Toddlers playing in the Splashpad® must wear swim diapers. No regular diapers are permitted
- Please walk at all times – NO running
- Strollers are not permitted in the Splashpad ®, but there is stroller parking close by
- Food and/or glass containers are restricted to picnic areas
- Beach/water toys are not permitted in the Splashpad®
- Climbing on equipment is not allowed
- No horseplay
- No smoking allowed in the park
- Patrons exhibiting inappropriate behavior may be asked to leave
- Management reserves the right to limit entry if the facility is at its reasonable capacity
- In the event of threatening weather, the Splashpad® will be closed